Life's Ride!

En veetu samayal.com

For my people will live as long as trees...For they are people blessed by the Lord,and their children too, will be blessed. I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs,I will go ahead and answer their prayers! Isaiah 65:22-24

Monday, December 19, 2016

Jeera goli

FRIDAY, AUGUST 10, 2012


Jeera goli



Jeera goli
It was my SIL  'M' , who had first introduced me to jeera golis and then each time i came back from India, i would come back with a few packets of these tangy n sweet golis! Then somewhere along the way , i lost interest in these and stopped buying them. Had bookmaked this recipe a longtime back , but only now got around to trying it out in my kitchen. Thanks Manisha for the recipe!:)

Ingredients:
Cumin seeds - 1 tbsp, amchur pwd - 2 tbsps, icing sugar - 5 tbsps, lemon juice - 1 tbsp, salt to taste.
For the sugar coating:
Icing sugar - 2 tbsps.
Method:

Dry roast the cumin seeds and powder. Take the cumin pwd, amchur pwd, salt , sugar and mix well. Then add the lemon juice and knead to form dough. Make tiny balls from the dough and roll in the powdered sugar ( 2 tbsps for coating) and place the balls on a plate and let dry at room temperature for 2 hours . The golis when being rolled out are soft, but they harden after sometime. Store these golis in an airtight jar and enjoy!!:))

 The golis are good for digestion and can be had after a heavy meal:)

3 Comments:

Blogger Karthika said...
I am definitely making this. Never knew it was this simple. My niece and nephew love this. They will be home with me on Monday and I was wondering how to keep them occupied. Since they love this, they can make it them-self.

Thank you so much for the recipe or rather the method.

I so wanted to make the Tutti Frutti Cake but there's no tutti frutti available here. I have seen it in a huge jar over Christmas time but I cant find them now. I will wait for someone to send it to me from India.
8/14/2012 11:11:00 PM  
Blogger paati said...
karthika the dough was a bit sticky, so just dust your palm with icing sugar & roll them out and i also left them in the fridge for an hour since i wanted to watch my favourite serial and the pleasant surprise was that the dough was easier to roll!! me too i am planning to make another another batch when i go visiting my sil M , since she was the one who introduced me to this;)As for the tutti frutti, try the chinese stores where they have dried chopped papaya, pineapple etc which you can use in the place of candied fruit. I usually bring the candied orange peel from india and store in the fridge:))
8/18/2012 04:17:00 PM  
Blogger paati said...
Forgot to say - Happy holidays karthika with your family;)))
8/18/2012 04:19:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home