Life's Ride!

En veetu samayal.com

For my people will live as long as trees...For they are people blessed by the Lord,and their children too, will be blessed. I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs,I will go ahead and answer their prayers! Isaiah 65:22-24

Monday, December 19, 2016

Masala paal!!:)

FRIDAY, MAY 29, 2009


Masala paal!!:)


Masala paal!!:)
I don't know what it is about this drink, but take my word , it lulls you to sleep as soon as you drink this!:) This has happened every time i do this!LOL! So much so, that i always keep a small bottle of this milk masala pwd in my refrigerator as a remedy for sleeplessness! The poor eater too feels the same way about this drink! i guess it is the warm milk & spices which induces sleep!:)

Ingredients:
Whole milk - 1 cup, milk masala pwd - 2 ( heaped) tsps, kalkandu ( white rock sugar) - 1 tsp ( adjust to taste), saffron strands - a pinch for decorating ( opt)
Method:
Bring the milk to boil in a small saucepan. Once it comes to a boil, remove from heat & pour it into a serving cup. Add the sugar & milk masala pwd & stir until everything is well combined. Decorate with a pinch of saffron strands & serve immediately.


Sit back & Enjoy your cup of steaming hot masala paal, close your eyes for a minute & imagine yourself to be in hot & humid chennai , at saravanas, enjoying your masala paal after a tiffin dinner there & drift off into a peaceful slumber Zzzzzzz!!;))

4 Comments:

Blogger Karthika said...
Wow...Reminds me....its been such a long time since I made it. I am going to make it today and sleep away to glory.

- Karthika
5/30/2009 03:53:00 AM  
Blogger paati said...
karthika do try this one , even today i had a cup after lunch , the best drink to have after dinner!:)
5/30/2009 06:45:00 PM  
Blogger Karthika said...
Yeh I tried it last night and loved it. Usually I grind almond into a paste with milk and then boil it. But this method is much more easier. I boiled kalkandu with milk and then add the powder.

Thanks for the recipe.

- Karthika
5/31/2009 01:09:00 AM  
Blogger paati said...
and karthika did you sleep well or were you counting sheep??;))
5/31/2009 11:19:00 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home