Life's Ride!

En veetu samayal.com

For my people will live as long as trees...For they are people blessed by the Lord,and their children too, will be blessed. I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs,I will go ahead and answer their prayers! Isaiah 65:22-24

Sunday, December 18, 2016

Boiled peanuts for the three teddy bears!;))

WEDNESDAY, MAY 02, 2007


Boiled peanuts for the three teddy bears!;))



Boiled peanuts for the three teddy bears!!;))


Back home, every saturday after our heavy week-end breakfast was over, my father would take his tea mug , come & sit in the hall, followed by me with my tumbler of bru coffee & finally my mother with her small cup of bru coffee! We would sit together & talk about everything & nothing in particular sipping our coffee! Sometimes it would be local neighbourhood gossip or sometimes my college gossip! Then my mother would ask me what i wanted to have for lunch!! Yes ,back home i was the one who usually decided the lunch menu everyday! Since seafood was my favourite ,there were no guesses as to what i would choose! Every saturday,there would be a seafood festival at home!;) My father would take out the shopping bag & go to the market, my mother would continue with her cooking & me on the bed with the Indian Express!





Now are you wondering as to what is the connection between this & the title of this post? Well i am coming to it! For even without us realising this,it had become a sort of ritual at home. So my brother J ,used to call us the Three teddy bears( remember the story of the 3 teddy bears, who found that their bowl of food was too hot & went out walking etc.,etc.....?) - Papa bear, mama bear & baby bear! Even when he called us up from his workplace, he used to jokingly ask us , "So have the three teddy bears taken their coffee & come to the hall?"Sabhai thuvakattum"( let the session start!) .The funny thing was he used to call us up every saturday just to say this!:) Then after an hour , he would call us up again to say " Sabhai kalaiyattum"( the session is over!) & my mother would also join in the joke & ask my father to hurry up & go to the market! Sometimes i wont agree to his 'Sabhai kalaiyuttum' & try to continue the discussion but it would be of no use for my dad would already be putting on his white shirt & getting ready to go to the market! So this opening & closing the 'sabhai' became a sort of family joke between the four of us &friendly tug of war between me & my brother as to who would close the 'Sabhai'! For sometimes i would try to close the 'sabhai' before he calls us up , but my mom will continue talking saying that it was too early for dad to go to the market! Till i was in India, i was never once able to close the 'sabhai' !! Today as i was eating these boiled peanuts , i remembered this funny story & put it up on my blog! So that with age even if i forget all these chinna chinna kathaigal, i can always come back to my blog & read it!



For the papa bear ,mama bear & baby bear!;))lol
So story time is now over folks ;)) Enjoy the photos !LOL

13 Comments:

Blogger Ravi said...
Wow, paati... your post made my eyes moist (aananda kanneer dhaan). Its such a cute post. Took me back to my good old days and being away from India, missing all that even more. I am sure it would be the same with you.
5/02/2007 07:17:00 PM  
Blogger bee said...
paati, your stories are just precious, like your recipes.
5/02/2007 07:41:00 PM  
Blogger Revathi said...
thats a cozy nostalgia paati. So what r u doing for mothers day ?? Should we all do a post on mothers day posting her favourite dish for once ??? What do u think ? Lemme know -
5/02/2007 08:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Reena said...
Touching stories!!!
5/03/2007 01:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Hema said...
That was a very sweet write-up Paati. Memories to cherish forever.
5/03/2007 08:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hi Paati,

That's a cute story.Thanks for taking us down the memory lane with you.

Regards,
Kate.
5/05/2007 05:02:00 AM  
Blogger paati said...
thanks,ravi!with the passage of time i am beginning to miss india more & more !& watching those sun tv serials online is only making me more homesick lol:))
thanks,bee & welcome to my blog:)
thanks,revathi:)thats a good idea,i was already planning to bake something special for her & put it up next saturday or sunday, but i think i will now try to post her favourite dish ( haven't tried it yet,hope it turns out well!fingers crossed!)
thanks,reena & welcome to my blog:)
thanks,hema & glad to see you here:)
thanks,kate & forgot to add, incase you want to have the picture of the cake mould, let me know, i will put it up on the blog for you:)
paati
5/05/2007 07:05:00 PM  
Anonymous m-l-p said...
Sabai Kalaiattum
5/06/2007 01:03:00 AM  
Blogger paati said...
thanks mlp for stopping by!
paati
5/06/2007 12:58:00 PM  
Blogger preethi said...
same thing happens when i go to india......cuteee.
5/09/2007 10:13:00 AM  
Blogger Natasha said...
Hi paati,

My teammate referred ur blog as I am a starter in cooking. I am deeply grateful to her as she has shown me such a useful blog with tasty recipes and that too namma tamil paati!! As i am a starter paati, I would like to ask you wht u meant by the measurement of cup.
5/09/2007 03:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hi Paati,

I tried the mango cake today. It was excellent.The mild tartness of the mango & the sweetness of the cake blends very well together.
Thanks for the wonderful recipe.

If you can please do post the photo of the mould.Thanks a lot.

Love,
Kate.
5/13/2007 09:38:00 AM  
Blogger paati said...
Thanks,preethi! do try out my recipe (& thanks for the three comments;)) & let me know how it turns out:)
hi natasha,thanks & welcome to my blog:)the cup that i have mentioned here is mostly the alak. In case of baking - for cakes its the standard US measuring cup & if using my breadmachine, its the cup which comes alongwith the breadmachine! And when i use the rice cooker( as is mentioned in some of my rice recipes),i use the cup provided with the rice cooker for measuring rice! hope this helps:) now since you have brought this up, i will try to be more precise about the type of cup i use for measuring the ingredients!for it never struck me that when i say take one'cup' in my recipes it would pose a problem to my blog readers as to which measuring cup they should use! Hope to see you here often:)

dear kate, thanks for the feedback.i will post it in my next post, which is also a cake post:)
paati

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home